We’re ready to play ‘The Name Game,’ in this week’s session, Jeff and Page taught us about the ‘radio test’ and how the misspelling of domain names can be critical to the success or failure of your company. Some of the companies we met Marsatta (marsatta.com), Share Wellness, and Sportch (Sportch.co.uk) left the hosts Jeff and Page impressed and wowed by the listeners and members of the Startup.Club and their business concepts.
Our game rules:
- We invite you up on stage
- Tell us the name and domain of your company
- We will then try to guess exactly what your company does as well as provide beneficial tips and feedback on your company name/domain
- Marsatta (marsatta.com) Jeff stumbled over the name as it fell at the first hurdle on the ‘radio test.’ The radio test is one that trips up many companies, confusing the sound of the name and its spelling. Is this company “food related”? What if it’s an online gourmet charcuterie company?
- Share Wellness Page liked the ‘wellness’ aspect and thought the company was a shared wellness space for people to come together and share their ideas on wellness. Jeff thought the company could be a platform or site where practitioners in the wellness space could be found for people seeking specific practitioners for their needs. Who got closer?
- Sportch (Sportch.co.uk) Jeff and Page had a giggle with this one, again, the radio test came into play, as the hosts struggled with the ‘t’ in the name. Is it a site for fans to come and chat about sports, and hang out in a shared space with those who share the same love and passion? Or what if it’s a scotch-based energy drink that you consume whilst watching sports?
To find out the business behind these startup companies and the advice given by our hosts, give the session a listen! If you wish to participate in The Name Game, join us in one of our sessions prepped with your company name and domain name.